Hi, I’m back updating this blog. Sorry for my busy-ness lately that I wish I could keep my commitment in updating Goodiebake’s content, but apparently always “later and tomorrow” and bla..bla…bla…blank. Again.
Now, I want to show you something of what me and my husband did few months ago. Yes, a cupcake stand, handmade, homemade.
This idea came from when I visited IKEA Singapore last year which I wasn’t able to buy the cupcake stand for some reasons…
And then…the other tempting stands I saw online…
I saw an acrylic stand in cake store, like the one in the picture which cost about 1 million and more. It’s up to you, but I made up with my own cupcake stand.
Handmade Cupcake Stand
All you just need:
- Super glue, cost IDR 5,000
- Ceramic Mugs and random-size Plates, cost IDR 10,000 per kilo – I found the sale at supermarket down town :p
Illustration image only.
How to make it:
- Apply some glue on each sides of mug
- Prone or put the mug upside down and stack on the first big plate
- Stack to the second smaller plate
- That’s it. You can make two tiers, three or one like mine below. My husband was able to make 3 random pairs of the stand. Woohooo!
Or, you can actually make one-time-used pretty cake stand like this here. Good luck!